Access restriction from zone files.

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Jan 16 16:15:04 UTC 2002

In article <a241fq$flq at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Brett Simpson <Simpsonb at hillsboroughcounty.org> wrote:

>So if I wanted to setup xyz.hillsboroughcounty.org & a abc.hillsboroughcoun=
>ty.org (in order to restrict them with allow-query) then I would have to =
>create a separate zone file for each? Or is there a way to group several =
>of them togethor in a separate zone file? Thanks.

You would need separate zone files for each.

If you have a bunch of names that you want to have similar properties, then
it would probably be simpler to create an internal.hillsboroughcounty.org
subdomain, and put all the private entries in there as
xyz.internal.hillsboroughcounty.org and abc.internal.hillsboroughcouty.org.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA