Getting rid of illegal lame delegations?

Chin Fang fangchin at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 15 23:07:27 UTC 2002

Starting a few days ago, my periodic review of our name server's logs
revealed that queries of some domain names that we are in no way
responsible for somehow were directed to our name servers, causing higher
than normal load averages.

Digging further, I realized these domain names were registered through
VeriSign (ex-NSI), and somehow their name servers were delegated to
ours!

I would like to contact VeriSign so that such domain names are no
longer delegated to ours.  Given that some Windows DNS servers have a
bug that might cause high frequency DNS query storm to a server that
is *supposely* authoritative for a domain but actually not, I prefer
to get rid of such "illegal" delegations ASAP to protection our name
servers.

But my research at http://www.netsol.com/ turned up nothing.  Thus, I
am turning to this list to see if anyone knows of an effective way to
contact VeriSign to pass our request.  Thanks for any tips and hints.

Regards,

Chin Fang
fangchin at stanford.edu