ndc status returns server is NOT loading its configuration on Bind 8.2.2-P5

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Sun Jan 13 21:06:19 UTC 2002

In article <a1nton$953 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Rakesh Shah <srakesh28 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Friends,
>I have Bind 8.2.2.-P5 running on Solaris 7 as master DNS for the internal
>zones and it runs and queries perfectly ok but today is just wanted to check
>as what does ndc status show and I was surprised to see that it say "
>server is NOT loading its configuration " below is the whole output .

That's normal.  It means it is not *now* loading its configuration.  It did
that when it started up.

This message is kind of silly, I think.  I don't think that named responds
to ndc commands while it's loading its configuration, so it will never say
that it IS loading its configuration.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA