SOA-ORIGIN problem with es-nic

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jan 11 16:37:39 UTC 2002

In article <a1m9h0$raa at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Xavier Sanz  <xavier.sanz at conectanetworks.com> wrote:
>Hello, I'm a newbie on this.
>I'm trying to setup an .es domain: conectanetworks.es; in es-nic
>I'm using bind 8.2.3-1
>In my servers all seems to work correctly but the es-nic people says
>that i must change the origin to the first nameserver:
>ns.conectanetworks.com

Some registrars, particularly some country TLD registrars, have very
annoying constraints on the SOA and NS records.  We use a hidden primary
server, which we normally put in the SOA Origin field, but when we're
setting up domains in these country TLDs we have to make exceptions for
them.

Since very little cares about the SOA Origin field, just do what they ask
and you shouldn't have any problems.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA