DNS Lookup Failed

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Thu Jan 10 19:05:11 UTC 2002

* Allie Syadiqin <allie at time.net.my> said, on [020110 10:58]:

> My nameservers seems to have problems performing lookup on domains
> other than hosted by my server. I have no problems when doing nslookup
> on local domains hosted on my server. I have checked all my
> configuration files and it seems to be in order, so what could be the
> problem and how do I solve this.

It may be the case that you have disabled recursion on your server, but
we can't tell that unless you either post your named.conf or tell us the
name of your server.

It may be that there is a firewall, either on the server itself or
between the server and the internet, that is blocking requests from or
answers to your server. But again, unless you tell us the name of the
server, we're just guessing here.

-Pete