test bind-9.2.0 keep on getting message library build without crypto support

doh at mail.nih.gov doh at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 10 17:39:28 UTC 2002

Greetings,

I have install bind-9.2.0 on the test machine (sparc-solaris2.7) where I also
have openssl version 0.9.6b.

First, the installation seems to run smoothly for the first 2 steps:
configure -with--openssl=/usr/local/ssl
make
Then, when I run the 'make test' I got the message:"UNTESTED" and the
Information (I: library build without crypto support).  I have checked the
/usr/local/ssl/lib and found there are 2 files (libssl.a and libcrypto.a).

Please advise me what did I do wrong here!!!

Have anyone encountered the same problem?

I really appreciate any answer.

Best Regards

Ho Do