can I divide directory to subdirectories

Garrett Meiers gm-ml at consulnix.com
Thu Jan 10 00:26:19 UTC 2002

I accomplished setting up Internal and External services by running two copies
of the deamon.

I have a /var/named-int and a /var/named-ext directories that contain all of
the zone information.  I also have a /etc/named-int.conf and an
/etc/named-ext.conf  each configured to use the appropriate directories.

I had to use the:  listen-on { xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; }   directive to bind each
instance to an IP alias since I'm behind a firewall and am using port
forwarding to forward external requests to one of the IP aliases on my server.
Internal hosts use a different IP aliases for DNS.

Once you do this, it's just a matter of starting each deamon;

named -c /etc/named-int.conf
named -c /etc/named-ext.conf

I think V9 is able to handle multiple zones with one server -- but I haven't
looked at that yet.

This is working great for me..

Garrett