Turning on a secondary Interface

Martin G. McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Jan 9 20:07:54 UTC 2002

	My utmost thanks to those who answered my question.
The master dns needs a slightly different configuration so we
will probably always at least give it a rndc reload.  My script
to switch from slave to master completely kills named, copies the
correct named.conf in to place, and then restarts bind.  Knowing
about the latency would save us lots of head scratching if we
were testing and turned on the port without stopping bind.

Martin