QIP?

Smith, William E. (Bill), Jr. Bill.Smith at jhuapl.edu
Tue Jan 8 20:21:13 UTC 2002

We use QIP here and have been using it for a couple years now.  Product is
good, robust, and reliable in my opinion.  AS for comparisons to BIND, that
is somewhat hard to do considering QIP can provide more than just DNS
service such as DHCP, etc.  It's more appropriately labeled an IP management
tool rather than a DNS server.  That said though, their DNS server is based
on BIND.  They are behind ISC in that they have yet to release a BIND 9
support DNS server but that is forthcoming.

Bill Smith
<mailto:bill.smith at jhuapl.edu>
The Johns Hopkins University 			Washington DC: 240-228-5523
Applied Physics Laboratory MD: 		443-778-5523
11100 Johns Hopkins Road Fax: 		443-778-5727
Laurel, MD 20723-6099 Web: 			http://www.jhuapl.edu/