Bind 9 + SQL

Edward O'Donnell eodonnell at lineone.net
Fri Jan 4 16:53:30 UTC 2002

I'm hoping to setup Bind 9.1.3 in conjunction with mysql
I would like Bind to be fully conversant with the database rather than use
it to find zone files.
Ultimately I'd intend to write a simple web interface that allows me to
update the resource records / add new domains etc via a browser.

I believe Bind 8.x in it's src format included bind_sql tools, is there
something similar for bind 9.1.3?
Has anyone managed to make Bind 9.1.3 mysql aware?

I won't have too much difficulty in designing the db as we have two
different examples in the company, though I've only got access to the
documentation so I can't see the html docs / scripts or examine how Bind is
setup.

Any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated. If I can get a basic setup
sorted out I'll publish a 'laymans terms' guide on the web somewhere.

Thanks,

Edward.