Problems with Negative caching

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Thu Jan 3 21:20:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Putnam, David wrote:

> We recently installed Bind version 9.1.2 and are experiencing a high level
> of server fails.  I have been able to confirm that the site is up however
> DNS is still holding a NXDOMAIN, what could be causing this.

	I'm not sure what "server fails" and "holding a NXDOMAIN" means,
but at minimum you should be using 9.1.3, or preferably 9.2.0. Trying to
debug problems with stale versions is a waste of time.

	If you still have the problems you describe after installing the
new version, please try to describe them in more detail, preferably with
examples.

Good luck,

Doug
--
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
	- George W. Bush, President of the United States