Delegation for non-.com/net/org domains?

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Tue Jan 1 04:15:52 UTC 2002

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 12:10:58PM -0800, John Oliver wrote:

> How do I determine the authoritative servers for .biz, .info, .ws, etc?
> digging against the root servers just returns a list of root servers...
>
> [joliver at ctsjno joliver]$ dig @a.gtld-servers.net yahoo.biz.

You're querying a gTLD server, not a root server. Follow the referral -
query one of the root servers that you receive from this query. You'll
get your answer that way.
--
Nate Campi | Terra Lycos DNS | WiReD UNIX Operations

Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore strange
UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.