creating a vitual hostname

Mipam mipam at ibb.net
Wed Feb 27 02:30:14 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I tried looking up where to find info on creating an own domain
or simply an own hostname.

I'm using dhcp now and so the hostname which i receive is everytime
variable. Now, since i know which nameservers are available,
i installed bind and pointed in resolv.conf to 127.0.0.1 :-)
I made a secondairy dns server for the domain in which im in.
However, this causes trouble in using postfix cause you have to specify
a hostname. So i thought why not create a hostname with bind.
For example i wish to name my machine kahan.mipam.net
So i guess i should add in named.conf

zone "kahan.mipam.net" {
        type master;
        file "kahan.mipam.net";
};

But what do i now put in kahan.mipam.net file?
And what ip should i give it?
Bye,

Mipam.