bind9 slave stops resolving

Jobe Bittman jobe at tns.net
Tue Feb 26 00:01:33 UTC 2002

Ok here is a strange issue we are having. the domain cyberkeep.com stops
resolving on the secondary name server. I am the admin of the secondary
name server. The primary server is currently running bind 9.1. My server is
running 9.2. It seems to work for a day then stops and the secondary will
no longer resolve cyberkeep.com. We both reload and it starts working
again. Does anyone know of any incompatibilities between 9.1 and 9.2 zone
transfers? I thought since it takes a day to happen, it was tied to
expiring and not keeping the zone cached or maybe the first time we reload
and I delete the db.files it does an axfr but later it has problems with
incrementals or something. I'm debugging now waiting for it to happen again.

Jobe