Disable TCP/53

Tan Chun Han/ITNOC/PBB/PBBG tanch at publicbank.com.my
Thu Feb 21 06:49:10 UTC 2002

hi phn, as far as i know, DNS should use UDP/53 only and not TCP, that =
is
why
our FW is configured for UDP, unless there's zone transfers. as for our=

case, this
is only our Internal DNS for it to resolve MX records and www addresses=
.
therefore we don't need TCP/53 for name server resolving.

thanks and regards

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu@isc.org on 21/02/2002 02:26:16 PM

Sent by:  bind-users-bounce at isc.org