slave on per-zone basis only?

WebReactor Networks bind at webreactor.net
Fri Feb 22 04:28:18 UTC 2002

Could I avoid cache poisoning by setting the TTL on the SOA record to 0?
This should keep the bogus root SOA from getting cached.  I certainly don't
want to be destructive.  I tried this on a test server, and "dig
@(test-server) . soa" comes back with a zero TTL.  I wanted your opinion
before doing this on the Production server.

Microsoft DNS installs as a root server by default; were many name servers
vulnerable to cache poisoning for the root zone, then the problem would be
encountered often, no?

Sorry about the long lines.

Thanks.  - John R. S.