Oddities with zone file (fwd)

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Feb 19 22:02:39 UTC 2002

In article <a4u34t$2l7 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Ron Hall  <thorn at cc.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>Feb 19 10:09:12 kona named[6271]: db: error: zone: McGill.CA/IN: non-glue
>record
> at bottom of zone: PGSS.McGill.CA/MX

You have NS records that delegate the PGSS.McGill.CA subdomain to another
server, but for some reason you have MX records for the subdomain in this
DB file, i.e. you have something like:

PGSS IN NS some-nameserver
     IN MX 10 some-mailserver

The MX records belong in the zone file for the subdomain on the server
you've delegated to, not in this zone file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA