OT: query on RPM build of 9.2.0

henris at bga.com henris at bga.com
Sat Feb 16 14:56:48 UTC 2002

I apologize if this is off topic but I do have a question about
bind 9.2.0.

Has anyone been able to build an rpm for a non-rawhide distro
of RedHat? I can do a manual build (tar.gz/bz2) just fine but I need to do
a roll-out for various versions of RH (6.2/7.0/7.1).
The specfile for the src.rpm craps out on any form of build
with incorrect version of libtool.

I know that some of you will direct me to RedHat's mailling lists
and so on but it would be nice to hear from someone not affiliated
with RH to relate their knowledge in this matter as RedHat's
response is usually a.) it's rawhide not supported b.) upgrade to RH7.2
and the rawhide stuff will likely work.

Henri
High Tech Homeless