Expirey weirdness - please help!

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Feb 15 15:29:32 UTC 2002

In article <a4hioq$6l7 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
darren at 1bigred.com <darren at supplyguys.com> wrote:
>Three weeks ago I changed the A record for the host www.  90 percent of the
>internet figured this out within a normal period of time.  But even to this
>day, there are a good number of servers out there that are still answering
>the old ip address.

It's the same answer we give every time someone asks this (about once a
week):

% whois host www.1bigred.com
[No name] (WWW11198-HST)

   Hostname: WWW.1BIGRED.COM
   Address: 206.239.81.9
   System: ? running ?

   Coordinator:
      Saunders, Sam  (SS16493)  sysop at 1BIGRED.COM
      1 Big Red Connection
      1300 College Ave.
      Fredericksburg, VA 22401-5352
      540-371-2362 (FAX) 540-370-0378

   Record last updated on 29-Feb-2000.
   Database last updated on 15-Feb-2002 00:32:00 EST.

You need to correct this Host registration at Network Solutions.

You should probably also update the registration of the domain that refers
to it:

   Domain Name: PERFORM-CONSULT.COM
   Domain servers in listed order:

   BIGRED.1BIGRED.COM		65.115.27.11
   WWW.1BIGRED.COM		206.239.81.9

On your servers you list ns{1,2}.supplyguys.net as the servers, not
{www,bigred}.1bigred.com, and they should be consistent in both places.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA