Errcode: 9: Bad file descriptor

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Feb 15 12:18:06 UTC 2002

Stanley Liu <stanley.liu at toyota.com.au> wrote:
> BIND 8.3.1 on NT 4.0 in private network.
> The following error messages have been logged in our DNS log every couple of minutes. It seems to me the slave nameserver tried to do a zone transfer of tmca.com.au and never got completed and therefore it is re-trying every other minute.  I am the master (primary):

> 03-Feb-2002 01:48:03.000 zone transfer (AXFR) of "tmca.com.au" (IN) to [192.168.39.62].2586
> 03-Feb-2002 01:48:03.000 stream_getlen([192.168.39.62].2586): Errcode: 9: Bad file descriptor

> The slave nameserver is a WinNT DNS.  I have at least three other slave DNS have the same problem.  I have checked Google but similar questions (3) were never answered fully (ie. no definite solution was recommended).  Hope I'll have better luck than the others.

You might have better luck running BIND on a "native" platform.

All the un*x alternatives runs BIND better, and many of them has a lot
cheaper licensing costs too ( not to speak about "cost of ownership")

The above error seems to be a resource shortage in the OS itself. Thus my
suggestion to switch to a more programmable OS.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)