Starnge problem (Pl. help)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Feb 15 00:33:27 UTC 2002

There is no 8.11 or 8.23. The latest version of BIND 8 is 8.3.1. I'd
upgrade to that or BIND 9 before doing anything else. Maybe the problem
you're having is a bug that has long since been fixed.

"some DNS server running on an interface" (I think that's not exactly
the correct wording) means that the old named process didn't exit
properly, so it's still listening on port 53 when the new named process
tries to bind to that port. Alternatively, maybe some *other* process is
grabbing port 53.

- Kevin