bind 9.2.0 errors while loading

Will Yardley n at veggiechinese.net
Wed Feb 13 21:52:21 UTC 2002

In article <a4emgu$k48 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Ali Eghtessadi wrote:

> I have upgraded from bind 8.2.5 to 9.2.0 and while named loads I get the
> following error messages. I like to know what the "rndc key" is

rndc is the equivalent of ndc in bind 8; you can use it to control the
nameserver.  you can use the rndc-confgen tool to generate an rndc.conf
file and a sample 'controls' statement for named.conf.

you can also do:
rndc-confgen -a

which should work fine if you're only going to be controlling bind from
the nameserver itself; this should configure everything for you.

see rndc-confgen(8) and rndc.conf(5) for more info (also the BV9ARM)

> and also why it is complaning about an out-of-zone data for one of the
> domains only?
[snip]
> daemon.warning]dns_master_load: master/babcockandbrown.com:19: ignoring
> out-of-zone data (intol.ky)
> dns_master_load: master/babcockandbrown.com:20: ignoring out-of-zone
> data (intol.ky)

well what's on lines 19 and 20 of babcockandbrown.com? we're not
psychic.  but judging by the errors, looks like you have some
out-of-zone data :>