db file management

michael.wilkinson at twcable.com michael.wilkinson at twcable.com
Tue Feb 12 20:20:05 UTC 2002

Hi all-

Looking for some ideas on how to manage multiple db files for a range
of domains. For example, suppose we are to maintain the following:

somezone.com
somezone.info
somezone.tv

Typically,   if I just maintained somezone.info I would create a file
called db.somezone for the forward mapping.

But now I am to maintain somezone.info and somezone.tv! Yea, can name
them what ever we want but we want it manageable;)

Looking for best practices when it comes to this... If there is a FAQ
or resource let me know. Have to looked at BOG yet but figured all of
you gurus would know. Will summarize.

thanks-

-mike