DNS problem at bt.co.uk

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 18:34:14 UTC 2002

Jim Hatfield wrote:

> I wonder if someone more expert in DNS than me can help.
>
> I'm trying to send mail to someone at bt.com. All the MX
> records point to machines like mailhub1.axion.bt.co.uk.
> However I can't resolve any of their IP addresses.

The dns0.axion.bt.co.uk and dns1.axion.bt.co.uk aren't returning
any MX records or A records for bt.co.uk.

Either your mail address should have been @bt.com, or the admin
will be very grateful for the copy of this message I'm sending
them ;)

--
Free Software: What good is Open Source without Freedom?
Open Source Day 2002/04/27 Exeter University