can find host name

Alaa Alamood aaa at netman.dk
Sun Feb 10 23:24:15 UTC 2002

I have done the following:

I change the TTL  to 86400 which is more higher than the previews one

2- I remove the dkuug.dk, which is not use any more.

I mean by "I ask another client", the machine that is a clint to my dnsserver, any way I still have the update problem, which is when I edit the /etc/namedb/zone.netman.dk and the "/etc/namedb/db.172.16.0" and add a hostname to thos files and restart the named, I can lookup for the new added hostname just on my dnssever, but when I login on another mchine on my network, and try to lookup "using nslookup or dig" to the new added machine, still can't get answer from the dnsserver

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:

>Alaa Alamood <aaa at netman.dk> wrote:
>
>>Thanks Again for your responedding
>>

>>phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu wrote:

>>>You did not tell us the _real_ name of the domain and the address of
>>>the server , thus we cannot make our own measurements.
>>>
>>my domain name is: netman.dk
>>and the ip is: 193.88.72.6
>>

>One of the servers, dkuug.dk (195.215.30.66) is Lame ( not configured as
>slave )
>
>You  also use rediculasly short TTL's which may cause caches to
>loose information early. These days with notify makes short "general" TTL
>unneeded.
>See RIPE-recommendations for "suitable TTL"

I change the TTL  to 86400