BIND 8.3.1-REL is now available

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Sun Feb 10 07:54:50 UTC 2002

On 9 Feb 2002, Steph L wrote:

> Yes BSD Bind packages are usually more up todate.
> FreeBSD keeps up to date their Bind8 port.
> but it seems they have no Bind9 updated despite
> some post in the ports mailing-list

	As the comments in the Makefile's indicate, I am very cautious
about updating to new BIND versions for FreeBSD's ports. The recent
experience with 8.3.0 is an excellent example of why. I'll be a lot more
inclined to update the bind 9 port to 9.2.1, after it's been out for a
couple weeks.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?