Static IP resolving in BIND 8.x

Oliver Neumann oliver.neumann at newidentity.de
Fri Feb 8 13:09:06 UTC 2002

"Barry Margolin" <barmar at genuity.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:a3u834$oc5 at pub3.rc.vix.com...
> In article <a3ttp3$mh5 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
> Oliver Neumann <oliver.neumann at newidentity.de> wrote:
> >> foobar.com.zone should then look like:
> >>
> >> @ IN SOA ...
> >>      NS @
> >>      MX 10 @
> >>      A  100.100.100.100
> >
> >I did that, but this did not work.
>
> Compare your foobar.com.zone with mine.  Notice that I have an A record
for
> @ (which is an abbreviation for the zone name, foo.foobar.com), but you
> don't.  You have an A record named ns.foo.foobar.com and an alias named
> foo.foo.foobar.com.  Is that what you wanted?

You're right. I changed the zone-file to this, but it still does not work (I
know I'm annoying)!

Here is my complete zone-file, hope you can help me once again...
-x-x-x
#$TTL   3D
@       IN      SOA     foo.foobar.com. root.foo.foobar.com. (
                                      2002020601; Serial
                                      8H        ; Refresh
                                      2H        ; Retry
                                      4W        ; Expire
                                      1D )      ; Minimum
                NS      @
                MX      10      @
                A       100.100.100.100
x-x-x-

This still does not work for me, I cannot resolv foo.foobar.com :-(

Greetz
Oliver