Announcing the latest version of the BIND/named log messages docu mentation

O'Neil,Kevin oneil at oclc.org
Thu Feb 7 15:01:44 UTC 2002

There is a new version of the BIND/named messages available at
http://www.menandmice.com/docs/named_messages.htm
It has moved because Cricket works for Men&Mice now.

The prior version is available at Acme Byte & Wire's site
http://www.acmebw.com/askmrdns/bind-messages.html.

Major additions include
-explanations for SERVFAIL, NOTIMP, NOERROR, NXDOMAIN,
REFUSED, FORMERR added,
-started to add BIND 9.x.x messages.

See the Revision History for details.

Many thanks to Cricket for his explanations
and his editing of the document.

Send any additions/corrections/suggestions/criticisms
to me.  There are some funky characters in the text that
we are working to correct but I wanted to get the
announcement out.

Kevin O'Neil
oneil at oclc.org