How does it all work?

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Wed Feb 6 09:11:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, G Phillips wrote:

> Sorry, bit of a dumb post.  I have had a look around, lots of usefull info.
> Im am  reasearching in to DNS and would like to know more.  How it all
> works, what its does, problems that can be caused and etc (from the basics
> to the more advanced), all info accepted with thanks

You're not going to get any decent replies with a wishy-washy question
like that. We're all too busy. :)

Search the web. Look at the documentation with the bind package (from
www.isc.org). Go buy DNS&Bind Edition 4 (O'Reilly) which will actually
tell you pretty much all you need to know about DNS. It's an excellent
book.