compromise/poisoning??

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 10:48:10 UTC 2002

Brian Collins wrote:

> Obviously, I've obscured real names/IPs above.  I hope I've not muddied the
> waters in doing so.

It is always quicker if you give real names.

> Any ideas??

There are no known simple poisoning attacks againgst 8.2.3 as
far as I am aware.

The behaviour would be consistent with his IP being listed as a
forwarder in your named.conf file.

Otherwise check what your server replies when queries for the
root servers

dig @127.0.0.1 . ns

Failing that try a dump of BINDs cache and see if you can find
his IP address somewhere.

I'd bet typo somewhere...

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768