Insane named memory usage

Chris F freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 18:15:18 UTC 2002

Hello Everyone,

named 8.2.2-P5 running on Solaris7

After some time (i.e. several days), named's memory
usage grows to around 600mb! Running another box
(actually several) along side this one, and they hover
around 20-60mb

Anyone have a suggestion as to making it behave (other
than upgrading)?

I'm looking at "options" such as stacksize and
datasize. There's not alot of info on these settings
out there.

I am told that if I set a datasize that's too small
for named, then it will panic or exit. So, I'll keep
that "default" -- which is unlimited.

I don't see how setting stacksize smaller than the
default of 8mb will help me.

Any know of a solution (other than upgrading)?

Thank you -- Chris