GENERATE Command

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Sun Dec 29 21:20:06 UTC 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Jeff Grossman wrote:

> I have my own DNS zone setup as a blackhole zone for IP numbers I do
> not want to receive e-mail from.

This doesn't sound like a problem that DNS is the ideal solution for, but
it's your time to spend.

> So far I have only been using single IP address which point to an A
> record of 127.0.0.2.  But, now I want to block a whole range of
> addresses.  I have looked at the Bind ARM manual, and found the GENERATE
> command.  But, I need some help.  How would I go about blocking a range
> like 10.10.192/19 and 10.10.0/18?

Unless I'm missing something, you'd need zone entries in named.conf for
each of the /24's. You could point them all to the same zone file though.
http://dougbarton.net/bind-users/FAQ.html#SameFile

Good luck,

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?