Problem Querying DNS Server??

Nitin Khurana nkhurana at novell.com
Tue Dec 17 10:48:59 UTC 2002

Hi,
    I am facing a peculiar problem with windows XP and Windows NT4. I
have written some sample code to query the DNS server using windows API
DnsQuery and I also specify the specific DNS Server to be contacted. Now
everything goes fine if I run the program on Win XP, I get an IP address
using DnsQuery but it gives me some crazy IP address when I try the
samething on a Windows NT4 machine. Can someone help me out with
understanding what could be the problem
   Are DNS queries and updates supported in Windows NT4? Or it there
something specific with respect to NT4 which I need to know.

Thanks in advance,
Nitin Khurana.