Fw: Something new between bind 8.3.3. patch1 -- 8.3.4

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Dec 16 19:03:10 UTC 2002

Joaquin J. Domens wrote:

>Forwarded by "Joaquin J. Domens" <jdomens at corp.terra.es>

Are Arrowpoints the same as CSS'es? We have CSS'es and it doesn't seem
to me like they get an "excessive" amount of queries. Of course, you
haven't really given us any details about how your DNS is configured.
There are any number of behavior changes between 8.3.3 and 8.3.4 that
could potentially explain an increase in traffic to the Arrowpoints. If
Arrowpoints are anything like CSS'es, then presumably you are delegating
zones to them. Perhaps some information that used to be provided by the
BIND nameserver(s), e.g. glue records, are now being left out of the
(???).

                                        - Kevin