Deleting zone files

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Dec 12 18:28:35 UTC 2002

> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:00:40 -0500
> From: Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com>
> To: bind-users at isc.org
> Subject: Re: Deleting zone files
>

> You should also remove any delegations for the zone.

By this you mean - I think - RRs of this sort...

<subdomain>       IN NS <NameServer.FQDN...>
<NameServer.FQDN> IN A  <some.ip.address.here>

??

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

> - Kevin
>
> sudhakar wrote:
>
> > Hi Kevin,
> > The zones have been removed physically. I mean that there are no computers
> > and the domains do not exist as of today. There are still entries in the
> > named.conf files. In that case will my removal of the entries from
> > named.conf and the removal of the    zone files be sufficient. I'd
> > appreciate your suggestions and comments.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sudhakar

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

"The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."

When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as
one...  the sky's the limit.