about logging in bind92

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Dec 10 23:36:14 UTC 2002

> > I think you need to familiarize yourself with how BIND's logging subsystem
> > works. You need to set up channels and then associate those with the
> > categories in which you're interested. There is a "queries" category that
> > should give you much of what you're asking for.
> >

> > - Kevin
>
> yeah,i set the channel named_log,and associate it with the "default"
> category,the message can be logged in the file.But I associated it
> with the "queries" category with it,it didn't work! The error messages
> like this:
>
> Dec 10 10:39:41.938 general: info: loading configuration from
> '/usr/local/bind922rc1/etc/named.conf'
> Dec 10 10:39:41.952 config: error: none:0: open:
> /usr/local/bind922rc1/etc/rndc.key: file not found
> Dec 10 10:39:41.952 general: notice: couldn't add command channel
> 127.0.0.1#953: file not found
> Dec 10 10:39:41.952 config: error: none:0: open:
> /usr/local/bind922rc1/etc/rndc.key: file not found
> Dec 10 10:39:41.952 general: notice: couldn't add command channel
> ::1#953: file not found
>
> So i try to start the process of rndc.when i do it ,i run
> "rndc-confgen",and get the ndc conf like this:
>  # End of rndc.conf
>
> # Use with the following in named.conf, adjusting the allow list as
> needed:
>  key rndc-key {
>        algorithm hmac-md5;
>        secret "Lqvdt3WuzT61hsUV0uU/sw==";
>  };
> options {
>      default-server localhost;
>      default-key rndc_key;
>     };
> #controls {
> #       inet 127.0.0.1 port 953
> #               allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { rndc-key; };
> # };
> # End of named.conf

	The messages above indicate that named is trying to use the
	auto configuration mode of rndc (rndc-confgen -a) and failing.
	Since you are half way through the manual process you should
	complete it.

	Copy the key block above to named.conf.
	Copy and uncomment the controls block above to named.conf.

> but the process could not work.i have no idea about this.please help
> me!

	The errors above will not stop named working.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org