DNS behind firewall?

erol M erol at home.samurai.com
Tue Dec 10 22:17:26 UTC 2002

You could try using 1:1 on the gateway machine, and forward port 53
on the gateway to port 53 on the DNS machine. Any responses from port 53
on the DNS machine will have your static IP address and not the 192.168*

But this assumes you are using a *nix OS.

--
erol m 		  | "To know recursion, you must first know recursion."
erol at samurai.com  |   -- anonymous