Get Dynamic IP from Linksys router for nsupdate

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Mon Dec 9 15:08:28 UTC 2002

Here's what gets the internet IP address of my router that I'm going to try to use
with nsupdate to dynamically update my remote dns server

wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | grep 'IP Address' | awk '{ print $4 }'

Also, I was already using ddclient to update a dyndns.org account so this also
works for me

ddclient -query | grep linksys | awk '{ print $4 }'

If anyone has any other tips/concerns about my intended process (map a name to my
remote office via nsupdate) please let me know - basically I'm trying to set up my
own private dyndns type service for our domain