Cross update between MS DNS on NT4 and Bind 9.2.1NT

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Dec 6 19:34:42 UTC 2002

At 01:24 PM 12/3/02, Atomas Jr. wrote:

>Hello,
>         i just upgraded bind from version 4 to 9.
>
>Now i want ns1.dechamplain.net (bind9nt4) to be the secondary dns for
>riser.acroteau.com (MS DNSnt4)
>
>Both  dns server are actually set as primary for all domain.
>
>Both company have their zones set up as primary on both dns.

>I would like to create secondary zone (backup) on each dns server.

Only one of them can be masterr the zone that you want to transfer.
If it is master then there's no need to make a transfer.  You cannot
be both a master and a slave for the same zone.

>In Bind, with my bind dns oreilly book. everything seem to be ok.  The
>problem seems to be from the ms dns.  When i set the secondary zones
>on the bind server i receive "connection refused".
>ns1.dechamplain.net is a NS of ACroteau.com and i added my ip to the
>notify list of that domain on the ms dns.  it looks like i missed
>something.

Connection refused means it's not listening on the port at that address.
You need to ask in an MS newsgroup about the MS DNS setup.

Danny