CNAME and other data , BUG #428

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Dec 6 09:25:19 UTC 2002

Chimento, Douglas <Douglas.Chimento at fmr.com> wrote:

>> And there is no point in having software guess what errors=20
>> to ignore thus bind discrads the whole zone.

> I thought bind could ignore illegal characters ? If so , bind is choosin=
g to
> ignore some errors. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You thought wrong.  In named.conf one might say "ignore" aboute=20
"illegal characters" but that means exactly that _ ignore their=20
"legal status" and pass them "as is".

Coming back to your question : CNAME and other data. Just fix your zonefil=
es,
that's the only cure.

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20