NSI Not allowing Host registrations for nameservers in sub-zones?

Shane Brath shane at bratnet.net
Wed Dec 4 03:09:26 UTC 2002

Anyone,

	I am just looking to find out if I am just missing something or what.

	But several of the reps at NSI that I have talked to have told me
	that they no longer allow registration of name servers in anything other
	than the first level of a zone.

	IE: ns1.company.com and ns2.company.com are OK
	But: ns1.dns.company.com and ns2.dns.company.com are not OK.

	Have I completly missed something, or are the people at NSI just
	jerkn' me around.

	I have tried "without luck" to register several new name servers for my
company
	that are in a sub-zone, but they are all being rejected.

	Sugestions, other than move the name server names into the zone itself?

Shane Brath
Sr. Lead Software Development
TDS Telecom, Madison WI.
www.tds.net