Problems with RNDC

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Dec 4 01:32:17 UTC 2002

> For some reason my rndc for Bind 9 is not working I have the Key set up
> right in named.conf and rndc.conf and rndc.key
> when I try to run any commands for the rndc like rndc stop I get the error
> that says
> rndc: connect failed: connection refused
> any ideas?
> Thanks

	rndc is try to connect to a different port/address to that
	specified in named.conf or named is not running.

	Note a common fault is to assume that localhost is only 127.0.0.1.
	On many platforms it is both 127.0.0.1 and ::1.  ISC recommend
	using literal IP addresses instead of localhost in rndc.conf.

	That way you are not dependent on the server you are controling
	to be working.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org