Help domain moved from an ISP doesnt work!

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Dec 3 22:43:44 UTC 2002

> localhost wrote:

> > I just transfered a domain from an ISP:
> > The domain is dvdwriters.co.uk
> > the nameservers listed are those by HN.org:
> >
> > "  Name servers listed in order:
> >
> >  ns1.hn.org                        24.97.1.164
> >  aux1.hn.org                       24.97.139.100"
> >
> > The DNS records:
> > "dvdwriters.co.uk NS ns1.hn.org         0     0
> > dvdwriters.co.uk NS aux1.hn.org     0    0
> >www.dvdwriters.co.uk A 64.246.32.20 "
> >
> >Is the correct IP.
> >
> >However I cant access the site... and trying www.dvdwriters.co.uk takes
> me to the NEW ISPs website.
> >Is there a problem in the setup or do you think the DNS need
> propagating ?
> >Or maybe its just me that keeps hitting a transparent proxy ?
>
> The root servers for tld uk list ns7.acelogic.com and ns8.acelogic.com
> as the authoritive nameservers for your domain.
>
> If the domain transfer to hn.org went flawless,
> the uk root servers will adjust the authoritive servers to the new ones
> (hn.org).
>
> Regards,
> Henk

	Also you want to either make the old servers slaves for zone
	or ensure that they are decommissioned as servers for the zone.

	Making them slaves is the smoothest transition path.  You can
	decommissioned them 48 hours after the last of the co.uk servers
	have been updated with the new delegation.  By then any records
	that referred to the old servers should have expired from caches.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org