need help for the mechanism of delegation zone

HALLAF D ext OCISI externe.hallaf at francetelecom.com
Tue Dec 3 17:17:53 UTC 2002

hello,

I'm novice in DNS, and i really need your help.
I have some problem to understand how work the delegation zone.

On my server DNS i configurate 2 servers for a delegation zone:
	sam.org	IN	NS	ns1.dom.org
	sam.org	IN	NS	ns2.dom.org

The servers ns1 and ns2 have the same record "record.sam.org".

How work my name server if a client want to know the IP adress of=20
record.sam.org.

What is mechanism of resolver and what is the answer of DNS server?
Who is the server (ns1 or ns2) answer of my name server?

Thanks for your help

Djamila Hallaf
T=E9l : 01-55-88-38-76