Selectively Allowing Recursive Query

Tai_Nguyen at infonet.com Tai_Nguyen at infonet.com
Tue Dec 3 00:18:08 UTC 2002

Thanks, Cricket.

I configured views but it appeared to be hung when I tried to reload so I don't
know if it works by doing this way or not.

view "recursiable" {
        match-clients { any; };
        recursion yes;
        zone "west.info.local" {
        type master;
        file "n.db.west.info.local";
        };
};

view "nonrecursiable" {
        recursion no;
        zone "." {
        type master;
        file "n.db.root";
};

        zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "rev.127.0.0";
};

        zone "info.local" {
        type master;
        file "n.db.info.local";
};

};

                      "Cricket Liu"
                      <cricket at menandmi        To:       <bind-users at isc.org>
                      ce.com>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Selectively Allowing Recursive Query
                      bind-users-bounce
                      @isc.org

                      12/02/02 03:54 PM

Tai_Nguyen at infonet.com wrote:
> Our server is hosting multiple domains. We would like to know is
> there any way we can allow recursive queries on some domains and
> block recursive queries on the rest.

You can only restrict access to recursion by IP address.  Use
the allow-recursion options substatement, e.g.,

options {
    allow-recursion { 10/8; };
};

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

The DNS and BIND Cookbook, now available!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dnsbindckbk/