firewall blocking 53

Eric L. Howard elh at outreachnetworks.com
Wed Aug 7 17:36:22 UTC 2002

At a certain time, now past, Pete Ehlke spake thusly:

> On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 09:54:36AM -0700, Armin Safarians wrote:
> >
> > Any ideas..?
> > AMS :-)
>
> Well, I'd say this is either a... ummm... feature... of Firewall-1, or
> your firewall is poorly configured. If it's dynamically blocking ports
> based on the fact that some outbound connections time out, then you'll
> have to either configure it not to do that, or deal with the
> consequences.

This timeout is something that you can configure in Firewall-1.  Look under
the properties for your rule-set.  40 *seconds* is a long time to wait for
return traffic...

       ~elh

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m