Does anyone know how to???

Bind-Users Mailist bind-users at dns1.vizion2000.net
Sun Aug 4 21:15:02 UTC 2002

OK Here is what I want to do. I currently am running Bind 8 on a FreeBSD server system with a number of
For one of those domains say example.com I want to take requests in the form of [subdomain].example.com and parse the contents of
[subdomain] to produce a result in the form of [subnewsubdomain.newsubdomain].example.com which would then be used as a recursive enquiry to generate the IPaddress for subnewsubdomain.newsubdomain.example.com.

Does anyone have knowledge of a module that will do this or alternatively of some ideas how I sould go aboput it. Mt C/C++ coding skills are still fuinctional but suffering from neglect. I am also not familiar with the Bind sources so all help and encouragement would be appreciated.

David Southwell
Systems Administration
Vizion2000.net