Competitor using my DNS servers

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Aug 21 03:26:34 UTC 2002

At 07:26 PM 8/20/02, TIA wrote:
>One of our competitors is using my DNS servers for their clients setup. Is
>there a way to stop this?
>
>TIA

Use allow-recursion { your-network-addresses-list;};
in options to restrict recursive queries (ie queries for which your server
is not authorative) to only those network addresses that you serve.
Don't forget to include 127.0.0.1 in the list. See the ARM Chapter 6
for detailed documentation.

That way people can get answers to queries that your servers are
authorative but have to go elsewhere for other queries.

Danny