$GENERATE and TXT records

Will Yardley &- at no.spam.veggiechinese.net
Sat Aug 17 04:33:16 UTC 2002

Why does $GENERATE not work with TXT records (I think I remember someone
posting a patch to add this functionality but can't remember for sure).

Does anyone have a good solution for adding TXT records to a DNS based
blocklist? I suppose you could make a CNAME to 'bad.example.com.' and
have a TXT and A record for that... not sure if any MTAs would choke on
that.... Any other hacks that might work? Currently we're just
generating the whole list of IPs, which works but seems kind of a pain,
and results in a pretty large zone file.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.