Need F5 BigIP to Pass User's Real IP Address

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 15 17:28:04 UTC 2002

shaun at directstuff.com wrote:

> We are using an F5 BigIP HA for load balancing. We have kernel version
> 3.3. We need to be able access the connecting users real IP address
> from apache, php, etc. Right now it always resolves to our internal
> IP. Is there a way to do this as it is very neccessary for auditing
> purposes? Any help in the right direction is appreciated greatly.
> Thanks.

Although BigIP has a DNS component, I do not believe it is based on BIND.
Moreover, even if it were, this particular function really has nothing to
do with DNS. Perhaps you'd be better off talking to F5 directly, or
posting to some F5 user mailing list and/or newsgroup, if such a thing
exists.

- Kevin